Good Air Quality = Healthy, Productive People
At Home. At Work. At School.
The IAQ Index test kits allow anyone to measure the quality of the air to which they are exposed, and evaluate its quality against health-based standards.
- Sample for several gases and vapors (CO, CO2, and VOCs) by simply opening a glass sample vial, and let it stand for a few minutes.
- Sample settled dust for molds using a simple adhesive strip.
- Deploy a self-sampling monitor for a period of 24 hours (up to 48 hours) to determine formaldehyde levels.
- Test for radon gas by placing a small collection device in your area of concern for 48 to 96 hours (2 to 4 days).
- Return the devices in the pre-paid shipping box for analysis by highly qualified and certified laboratories.
- Your IAQ Index rating will be returned in an easy-to-understand, scientifically sound, report.
Order your kit(s) today from the web site, or by calling nn-nnn-nnnn.· Several different kits are available, and are described below.
- IAQ Index Basic Kit
- Samples for CO, CO2, VOCs, and Mold. Sampling can be completed in minutes; and is best for those without a potential radon or formaldehyde problem, or those that cannot sample for extended time periods (minimum 8 hours for formaldehyde and 48 hours for radon).
- IAQ Index Basic + Formaldehyde Kit
- Samples for the parameters included with the Basic Kit (see above), and includes the self-sampling formaldehyde monitor. For those that want more coverage of all potential indoor air quality parameters, but do not have a potential radon problem.
- IAQ Index + Radon Kit
- Samples for the parameters included in the Basic Kit (see above), and includes the self-sampling radon collection device. For those with the potential for radon exposure, but no significant sources for formaldehyde off-gassing.
- IAQ Index Premium Kit
- Includes all possible indoor air quality parameters offered with the IAQ Index Kits (Basic Kit parameters, plus Formaldehyde and Radon). For those that desire testing for a wide variety of indoor air quality parameters.
Who Needs to Test Their Home Or Facility? Everyone!
- Homeowners need to know that their home is safe for family and pets. Some older homes can have mold and ventilation problems. New, or recently renovated, homes can have substantial amounts of formaldehyde and other VOCs. All types of homes can have dangerous levels of radon.
- Health professionals, industrial hygienists, building owners and managers. IAQ Index can be expanded to include other pollutants and parameters, and can be modified to fit your specific health-based criteria. Please contact us to discuss these potential modifications to fit your program needs. Contact us for more information.
The Carbon Monoxide (CO) level will tell you if this highly toxic gas may be accumulating indoors. CO may be emitted within a building from a variety of combustion sources using natural gas, fuel oil, propane, and wood. CO may also be brought indoors from outdoor sources such as vehicle emissions, or exhaust from other fuel-burning equipment.
The Carbon Dioxide (CO2) level can help determine if the area that was sampled is receiving enough fresh air from the HVAC system to help prevent the build-up of other pollutants.
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are emitted from a variety of indoor sources (new furnishings, cleaners, caulks, paints, office equipment, etc.) and can cause significant irritation for many people, and can be toxic at higher levels.
Molds are naturally-occurring, and can accumulate with dust and other debris indoors; and can also colonize the indoor environment if sufficient moisture is present. The presence of certain molds indoors indicates possible moisture problems within the building. Most molds are considered allergenic, and some are known to be potentially pathogenic (capable of causing infections), and/or toxigenic (produce mycotoxins that can have adverse health consequences).
Formaldehyde is released from many building materials and some office equipment. It is extremely irritating, and is also potentially carcinogenic.
Radon is a naturally-occurring radioactive gas that can accumulate in occupied buildings. It is a known lung carcinogen that is thought to be responsible for many cases of lung cancer annually in the United States.